Wednesday, May 27, 2009

t-shirts!

I made my brother, Isaac, t-shirts for his graduation gift. It sounds a little lame, but money is tight and I knew he'd love it. (He loved it.)

First I exacto'ed out a stencil. That's just poster board cut to fit through my printer. I had to download a font, as I don't own Office, but that wasn't very difficult. 

Thunda Chunda is the name of his production cooperative. He makes videos and skits and stuff and puts them on Youtube and Facebook. Some of them are pretty clever, especially the ones he makes when he's not overwhemed with schoolwork.

Then I taped it up as tight as I could and put newspaper down to protect the carpet. 

This is the trial run shirt.  You can't see them too well in this photo, but there are many smudges. Also I left the stencil on while it dried for several hours. Sort of ruined the stencil. Oops.

I made another stencil and produced this beauty. This is the one that'll fit him and the final product. I sent him both shirts and the stencils. Perhaps he'll want to start tagging his territory. 

No comments: